To register, children must turn five years of age by December 31 in the same calendar year that they begin school.
Please visit the following page for more information: https://www.sd62.bc.ca/schools/registration
- Kindergarten Register January 25-29, 2021
- French Immersion – Kindergarten Register January 11-15, 2021
- Nature Kindergarten Register January 11-15, 2021
- *Note: Parents MUST attend a Nature K info session prior to registration. Please see Nature Kindergarten page for dates.
NO MINUTES AT THIS TIME
Strong start Covid restrictions. There is a maximum of 8 families permitted for outdoors and 4 families in classroom.
Families must pre-register if they would like to attend at https://jump.sd62.bc.ca/strong_start_johnmuir_bookings
New schedule will be 3 days outdoors – Tuesday and Wednesday 12-2pm, and Friday 9-11am
and 2 days in classroom -Monday and Thursday 9-11am
The Parent Page – This is where parents login to provide and/or review consents for their children.
- When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
- Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the six activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
- This is meant to be a one-stop shop for parents to provide consent.
The URL for this page is https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Here are the consents that are available as this time to be collected online:
- Media Consent
- Internet Access Consent
- General Consent for School Fieldtrips/Activities (Short walking trips)
- School Cash Online Consent
- Fresh Grade Consent
- Google Apps For Education Consent-Grades 4 and 5 only
- Aboriginal Education Information and Self-Identification
When do the Consents expire?
- Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and Fresh Grade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates
- Some consents last one school year
- The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – Add email@example.com to your email contacts
Step 2 – Parents go to the link https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 3 – Add your email address
Step 4 – Go to junk folder as the verification number may be sent to this folder. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 5 – Add the verification number Step 6 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.
We are requesting that you access the online consent system and hopefully agree to the terms within. The District’s online system has several electronic consent forms for you to review:
Aboriginal Education offers comprehensive academic and/or cultural services to enhance classroom and school learning from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Please give consent if your child has Aboriginal ancestry.
Daily Student Health Check Agreement- Please read and review the Daily Health Check.
FreshGrade – If a teacher is using this assessment resource in their classroom, and you consent, you will be able to go online and view the student’s learning and assessments.
General Consent for Walking Field Trips and Activities – Rather than sending home a paper consent for each activity, this would cover all walking field trips to school forest, Ella beach and forest. High Risk activities require a parent give consent each activity.
Google APPs for Education (GAFE) – If your child is in Grade 4 or 5 please give consent. Google Apps for Education (GAFE) accounts provides students with a powerful collection of online collaboration and productivity tools, as well as online file storage to be used for educational purposes.
Internet Access – Agree to the term of safe use of the internet at school
Media Consent – Allows us to use student names and pictures in our media publications
School Cash online – You can pay and access all your school fees online. No need to come into school to pay or write cheques anymore.
When online, you will have a more thorough explanation of what you are consenting to if you agree to consent.
We strongly urge you to review this system and hopefully consent to what makes sense for you and your family.
Thanks for your consideration.