For instant updates and information posts, please follow us on social media:
We will also post to the SD62 Website: http://www.sd62.bc.ca/
Thanks for taking the time to look through this,
SD62 Communications Team
Newsletter September 2019
With the outbreak of measles in Vancouver, BC, families may be wondering what steps they can take to protect themselves from measles. Vaccination is the best method of protection. All school-age children and adults born in 1970 or later should have 2 doses of MMR vaccine for full protection. Most people born before 1970 are immune to measles because of past exposure or disease.
Please take some time to check your vaccination records to see if you or your children need additional vaccination. Vaccination is available from physicians, pharmacists (for adults and children over 5 years), and public health units (for children). Call ahead to your healthcare provider to ensure that MMR is available at your appointment.
The Parent Page – This is where parents login to provide and/or review consents for their children.
- When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
- Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the six activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
- This is meant to be a one-stop shop for parents to provide consent.
The URL for this page is https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Here are the consents that are available as this time to be collected online:
- Media Consent
- Internet Access Consent
- General Consent for School Fieldtrips/Activities (Short walking trips)
- School Cash Online Consent
- Fresh Grade Consent
- Google Apps For Education Consent-Grades 4 and 5 only
- Aboriginal Education Information and Self-Identification
When do the Consents expire?
- Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and Fresh Grade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates
- Some consents last one school year
- The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts
Step 2 – Parents go to the link https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 3 – Add your email address
Step 4 – Go to junk folder as the verification number may be sent to this folder. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 5 – Add the verification number Step 6 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.